PES PU PROGRAM
PES PU Program started in 1973 with student strength of 40. Currently has a student strength of 1600. It is a 2 year program of State syllabus under Pre University Board, Govt. of Karnataka.
Medium of Instructions: ENGLISH
- Science – PCMB / PCME / PCMCs
- Commerce – BASM / GEBA / SBACs
Languages offered: Kannada/Sanskrit/Hindi/Telugu
Eligibility for Admission
Students passed in S S L C Examination conducted by School of secondary Education, GOK., C B S E, I C S E or any other equivalent Examination approved by PU Board, State of Karnataka.
Highlights of PU Program
All Programs offered under auspicious of PES are guided by its Campus wide Quality Improvement Program (CWQIP) – a patent of PES. CWQIP has 3 components.
- Academic initiatives and processes
- Support activities
It aims at bringing accountability to the Teaching Learning process and creates platform for an all round development of a student.
Academic initiatives & processes
- Orientation Programme
- Calendar of Events (COE): A comprehensive Day to day activity chart
- Question Bank
- Model Answers: Prepared by Department Faculty
- IA – Internal assessment – through periodically conducted:
Weekly Test / Test / Midterm Exam / Preparatory Exam – spread over the academic year.
- SASP –Student’s Academic Support Programme*
- GSDP- Gifted Student’ Development Programme
- Student’s daily attendance Service through SMS to Parent’s Mobile
- Progress Report Service
- Parents meet
- Faculty Appraisal by students
- Periodic oral feedback
- Post PU Initiatives: [Optional to students]
- For Science stream: CET Coaching by Experienced Teachers & Professional Experts
- For Commerce Stream: PT Coaching by Expert Professionals / Coporates.
Co / Extra curricular / Sports activities
- FREE YOGA Classes for 1st PU students (Compulsory to all students)
- SATS – Sports and Athletic event Team Selection week
- LCTS – Literary and Cultural event Team Selection week
- ISAW – Inter Class Sports Activity Week
- LCAW – Inter Class Literary & Cultural Activity Week
- Periodic Technical / General / Spiritual Guest lectures
- Project exhibition, Quiz, Essay competitions
- ICC -Inter-collegiate competitions
- AAM – Annual Athletic Meet
- ACD – Annual College Day
- NCC and NSS activities*
- Swatch Bharath Initiative.
Incentives to students
Students excelling in their performance in qualifying examinations, and selected for Under-Graduated Programs offered by PES, will be considered for fee concession / fee waiver, as applicable.